SLOTTING AND PARTING MACHINE AND WOOD RACK CUTTING MACHINE WITH WORM DRIVE TABLE
PROBLEMWooden racks are either manufactured conventionally by using jig saw cutters which is time consuming and inaccurate hence there is a need for a special purpose machine to produce components as shown below.
|SLOTTING AND PARTING MACHINE AND WOOD RACK CUTTING MACHINE WITH WORM DRIVE TABLE|
1. Straight racks produced if cutter head is at 90 degree.
2. Gear racks can be cut by inclining the cutter head.
3. Slotting and grooving operations can be performed on same machine.
4. Small components can be slit.
5. Fast rate of production.
6. Robust worm drive is self locking hence no backlash while cutting.
7. Low cost of production.
8. Low running cost.
9. Lesser initial investment in special purpose machine.
1. Design and drawing of kinematic linkage to deliver backlash free table drive.
2. Design and development of inclinable cutter head , bevel gear box design for torque improvement in cutter head.
3. Application development.
1. Literature review: Technical papers, white papers , patent documents , etc.
2.Kinematic linkage design of mechanism to give to and fro motion to the table using worm drive.
3. Mechanical design of components under given system of forces to determine functional dimensions of the components to be used using various formulae and empirical relations.
4. Manufacturing , assembly of the device and test-rig for experimental analysis and validation.
5. Testing and trial to derive performance characteristic of equipment under various load conditions.
List of components to be designed
- Cutter motor selection
- Table worm drive design
- Connecting rod design
- Cutter spindle design
- Worm shaft design
- Drive handle design
- Spindle bearing selection
- Spline shaft design
- Table guide way selection
- Cutter gearbox design
- Worm gear
- bearing selection
- Fixture design
- Cutter head inclination mechanism design
- Crank design
Buy Project Model :
Contact Details :
Mr. Karan Borase