DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF SUGARCANE BUD CHIPPER
This machine has high potential for small land holding farmers for taking out bud from Sugarcane.
- Foot operated sugarcane bud chipper machine
- This machine has high potential for small land holding farmer for talking out bud from sugarcane.
- Used the sugarcane losses.
- It can chipout 100 buds/hr by a single unskilled worker.
- It is a warman friendly and time saving technology.
- It is used to chipout the bud from sugarcane for saving purpose and for tissue culture.
- Novelty of the unit lies in foot operate hemishphere
- Chipping knife which provide gentle cutting of bud without extra loss of sugarcane during sowing.
While marketing and promoting the sugarcane bud chipper, Roshanlal realized that in sugarcane farming, many drudgery related issues have remained unaddressed. He observed that farmers prefer to plant sugarcane buds directly in the field manually, which is a cumbersome and time consuming process. Once the problem got identified, he started working on the solution. Initially he developed a manually dragged planter with one particular type of metering mechanism. He tried it in his field and when he obtained successful results, he converted the manually dragged version to a tractor mounted planter.
A Challenged by an engineer to make a machine that can remove buds from the sugarcane for the plantation purpose so as to minimize losses as well as time, money and seeds, Roshanlal came up with this implement.
|FABRICATION OF SUGARCANE BUD CHIPPER|
By pressing the food pedal, the unit removes the bud from the node of the sugarcane, which is then used for planting. . It was hampered by lack of availability of saplings in large numbers. The farmer wondered whether the sugarcane buds, instead of being planted, could be sown like potatoes on the fields.
The device consists of a platform, hemi sphere chipping knife, linkage system and handle. It is used to chip out the bud from sugarcane for sowing purpose and for tissue culture.
Novelty of the unit lies in foot lever operated hemi sphere chipping knife which provides gentle cutting of bud without extra loss of sugarcane during sowing. This ultimately gives higher income to the farmer by utilizing the remaining portion of the chipped canes which can be used for juice extraction or sugar production.
- Low cost machine
- Simple in construction
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to implement
- Less manpower
- It can be used for agriculture purposes
- Reduce the manual work.
- Low skilled operator is sufficient.
• Continuous pedaling action is required for system operation so that lot of work cannot execute.