Abstract Solar Powered Tricycle
In today’s life the tricycles are being widely used as the modest example of public transportation in countries like India, China, Malaysia, Vietnam and Korea. Also sparingly these tricycles are also used for entrepreneurship for setting up some small stall or like that. In many cases these tricycles are used as an important source for transport for handicapped people. This transport means stands the most widely and cheap source for such people.
This project is about building a tricycle that is motorized and is powered by solar energy, overall layout of this tricycle is kept economical to fabricate, and also this tricycle will be with some specific amenities for entrepreneurial developments. Thus this type of tricycle may prove mile stone in the development of physically challenged people.
Working and Construction:
The project model is a scale down working version of solar powered tricycle. And the model can be fitted in box of 1’*1.6’*1.6’. This model will have a DC motor along with a fixed speed gearbox. The front wheel of the tricycle will have a belt transmission from this motor and gearbox unit thus this tricycle will be front wheel driven thereby eliminating the use of differential assembly there by helping to reduce cost of overall project. The model will carry the solar panel on the top thereby forming roof for this tricycle. This will also support the wind shield there by making the tricycle ready for any type of season.
These tricycles have a carrying capacity for two people including the driver. At the back side of the tricycle ample space will be left to be used for entrepreneurial developments like for setting up a mobile Xerox unit, mobile STD PCO, a mobile Daily needs outlet, a mobile service provider etc. the battery will be placed underneath the seats thereby not engaging extra place, this tricycle will have head lamps, tail lamps, horn for extra safety.
The project model built will be made from, aluminum pipes, MDF sheet, acrylic sheet, gearbox, DC motor, belts, toggle switches, battery, wires, solar panel, diodes, head lamps, horn, tail lamps, bearings etc.
|Solar tricycle Project - Image Courtesy iosrjournals.org|
Design And Description
The title of the project may be lead, because it going to be easy fabricating a full sized solar tricycle. It is not only difficult but also very costly. So it is better to do this as a project which includes lots of study and then a demonstration of how the solar energy can be converted and stored in batteries and then how it can be used to run the vehicle. May be with the staffs permission you may be able to use your college‘s water heater solar panel if there is any. The project includes lots of calculations on how much energy can be stored, how fast the energy can be stored, how maximum efficiency can be achieved etc.
The solar powering system of the tricycle consists of:
1. Solar Array which collects solar energy and convert it to electrical energy
2. Power trackers to achieve the proper voltage to be stored in batteries.
3. Batteries to stir power.
4. Motor controller which adjusts the power input to the motor.
5. An electric motor which drives the vehicle
1. Solar energy creates absolutely no pollution. This is perhaps the most important advantage that makes solar energy so much more practical than oil. Oil burning releases harmful greenhouses gases, carcinogens and carbon dioxide into our precious air.
2. Solar energy is a completely renewable resource. This means that even when we cannot make use of the sun‘s power because of nighttime or cloudy and stormy days, we can always rely on the sun showing up the very next day as a constant and consistent power source.
3. Solar panels and solar lighting may seem quite expensive when you first purchase it, but in the long run you will find yourself saving quite a great deal of money. After all, it does not cost anything to harness the power of the sun. Unfortunately, paying for oil is an expensive prospect and the cost is still rising consistently. Why pay for expensive energy when you can harness it freely?
4. Solar powered panels and products are typically extremely easy to install. Wires, cords and power sources are not needed at all, making this an easy prospect to employ.
1. Travel for free with the power of the sun.
2. Charges while at work
3.Is cheap, simple, and low maintenance.
4. Draws attention to the practical
Download this PDF Full Report On Solar tricycle Tricycle Mechanical Project